MySol Nigeria Celebrates Impacting 300,000 Nigerian Lives As It Crosses The 60,000 Customers Mark

  • Launches upgraded experience center in Abuja

  • Rewards customers as MySol ambassadors

L-R: Junior Kwebiiha, Head of Strategic Marketing, ENGIE Energy Access; ‘Muyiwa Kolawole, Head of Customer Experience, ENGIE Energy Access Nigeria; Gillian-Alexandre Huart, Chief Executive Officer of ENGIE Energy Access and Ayisola Iroche, Head of Branding and Communications, ENGIE Energy Access, at the launch of ENGIE Energy Access new experience centre in Gwagwalada area of Abuja.

MySol Nigeria, a leading solar homes systems brand in Nigeria, has announced a new milestone of connecting 60,000 households to solar power and in turn impacting 300,000 lives across Nigeria. 

This announcement was made in Abuja, at the launch of the company’s newest experience center that aims to provide MySol customers with an exciting first-hand experience of the brand, as well as key aftersales services.

The new experience center replaces the former center that had become too small for the type of growth the brand has experienced over the last year. With 36 MySol experience centers and point of sales outlets spread across Nigeria, MySol has the coverage to be close to its customers, which helps to resolve customer complaints fast.

At the experience center launch, MySol rewarded select customers by making them MySol Ambassadors. These customers were chosen because they had been long-running advocates of the brand, keeping up with their monthly loan repayments and referring the brand to new customers.

Bankole Cardoso, Managing Director ENGIE Energy Access Nigeria, said: “The newly launched experience center will ensure that we continue to support the lives that we directly impact. Our commitment is that 90% of customer complaints will be resolved within 24 hours at the center and others across the country, while the remaining 10% will be resolved within a maximum of 48 hours.”

Cardoso also noted that MySol has toll-free phone lines that customers can continue to take advantage of to resolve any issues that they might encounter. “We are aiming to cover all angles in our total commitment to the MySol customer,” he said.

Cardoso congratulated his team for achieving the milestone of 60,000 customers. “That is 300,000 lives directly impacted by the work we do across individuals, households and businesses. With this achievement, our commitment to improving the livelihoods of people in rural communities through access to renewable energy solutions is renewed, and I cannot wait for when MySol will cross the 100,000 customer milestone, and 1 million customers landmark in Nigeria.”, he concluded.

Gillian-Alexandre Huart, CEO at ENGIE Energy Access, commented: ‘‘At ENGIE Energy Access, our customers are at the heart of all that we do. Strong of our presence in 9 countries in Africa, and thanks to MySol Nigeria crossing this 60,000 customer mark, we are now tangibly impacting 7 million lives. Accessibility to efficient, affordable and renewable electric power is a significant element of the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) matrix and crucial for Nigeria, considering that almost half of the population does not have access to energy. At ENGIE Energy Access Nigeria, we are committed to bridging this energy gap.”

MySol is a brand under ENGIE Energy Access, a leading provider of solar homes systems and mini-grid solutions in Africa. MySol kits deliver affordable, safe, clean and reliable energy to individuals, homes and businesses in unserved and underserved communities. 

The MySol portfolio ranges from simple systems that consist of bulbs to power a home or business as well as charge phones; to fan kits that deliver comfort; TV kits that allow customers access to information and entertainment as well as other accessories like radio, speakers and torches. The range also includes large Solar Home Systems that can power existing home appliances such as TV, fans, phones, laptops etc, as well as lighting.

ENGIE Energy Access is a division of ENGIE, a global reference in low-carbon energy and services. Sub-Saharan Africa has the world’s lowest energy access rate – with over half of its people unconnected. Solving this growing problem requires grand-scale innovation and this is what ENGIE Energy Access offers. As a leading Pay-As-You-Go and mini-grids solutions provider in Africa, ENGIE Energy Access’s mission is to deliver affordable, reliable and sustainable energy solutions and life-changing services with exceptional customer experience.