Association of Digital Media Core Advocates (ADMCA) hosted Journalists at the Anambra Media Excellence Awards (AMEA) Awardees Unveiling.
This gathering was to prepare for the Anambra Media Summit/Awards scheduled for October 1, 2021 in Awka.
The National President of Association of Digital Media Core Advocates ADMCA, and Founder, Anambra Media Excellence Awards Dr. Harris Chuma-Odili gave a welcome address by introducing the organization saying; it is aimed at awarding successful Journalists, Media Entrepreneurs, celebrating and rewarding unrecognized veteran media practitioners that have contributed immensely to the development of the media and entertainment industry.
Anambra Media Excellence Awards (AMEA) is driven by Anambra media professionals to promote innovative ideas for entertainment, media entrepreneurial, economic, and social development to all ndi Anambra and Nigeria at large.
Dr. Odili stated that AMEA is aimed at boosting the media industry growth and development in Anambra by uniting successful media entrepreneurs with latent talents.
“All we are pursuing is to give hope to ndi Anambra who have given up the creative ideas and business skills to power ideas of craftsmanship into a successful future.
One of the major inspirations for AMEA is promoting professionalism. Recognizing those who have been outstanding on the job, and have realized their potentials in life. All we desire is a state where media practitioners are respected for the values they bring to bear”.
He said that the upcoming MEDIA SUMMIT/AWARDS in October which would be the third edition will be the biggest media event to happen in Anambra state, even as the state prepares for the governorship election in November. The purpose is to make a difference, coin significant impact and initiate verifiable development in the industry.
Talking of the nominees, it is stated that the AMEA Jury received all nominations made to it, and after due process of screening and adjudication submitted the top ten list of successful nominees. The nominees are made up of fine personalities who have contributed to the growth and development of Anambra media and entertainment industry. People from different media outlets and a mindset for a great Anambra.
Afterward, the unveiling of the nominees took place immediately after the press conference was over and the unveiling of the plaque. Here is the official list of AMEA2021 TOP AWARDEES;
1. Roy Ekwunife: Media Consultant, Nollywood Actor, MC, Broadcaster
2. Dr. Vero Okechukwu: Media Practitioner, Publisher, and Author
3. Oguegbu Ostende Udoka: Journalist, Lecturer at Federal Polytechnic Oko, Anambra State
4. Pamela Eboh: Journalist, works with Champion Newspapers, and Newsexpress
5. Joy Odinye: Broadcaster, works with Channels TV
6. Nwokoye Ndubuisi Udoka: ADM Editor in-chief, Kpakpando 101.9 FM, Mgbaukwu
7. Ikedinobi Rapulu Johnhillary: Outstanding Social Media Influencer of the year 2021
8. Chido Obidiegwu: Veteran Broadcast Journalist, MC and Media Consultant
9. Jennifer Mukosolu Nzom "Asamaluover", Odenigbo 99.1 FM Obosi
10. Okonkwo Franklin Ebuka Ogene 98.3Fm, Awka
Dr. Harris Chuma-Odili rounded up by saying he has a message for Anambra entertainment and media entrepreneurs. To unite and become an irresistible force, work together, cause a drastic socioeconomic change in the state for ndi Anambra.